Thursday, February 3, 2011

How to keep polish off your cuticles

There are things you should definitely leave to the professionals:

-Bleaching hair or dyeing it red [I speak from personal experience]
-Shaping your eyebrows
-Brazillian waxing
-Delivering babies



Painting your nails is not on that list. The main reason more people don't do their own nails is because they can't keep from getting polish all over their cuticles.

The good news is the solution to this problem costs about $5. The bad news is that your newfound love for nail polish will bankrupt you, as it has done to me.

All you need is Vaseline, nail polish remover and 2 Q-tips

Step 1: Using one of the Q-tips, put vaseline all around your nails making sure not to get any on the nail itself.

Step 2: Dip the other end of the Q-tip into the nail polish remover and run it all over your nails without getting any on your skin.

Step 3: Paint your nails. If you get any polish on your skin, carefully use the other Q-tip to rub it off. If any is left on the skin, don't worry about it.

Step 4: Wait until the polish is dry and take a hot shower.If you don't have time for a shower, wash your hands in warm water for a bit. [the steam and water makes the polish on your skin peel right off]

**I always time it so that I wash my hair on the same day I do my nails. Being in the shower longer is the easiest way to get all the polish off my skin**

Optional Step 5: Use a cuticle cutter stick to scrape off any polish left over. Make sure you don't cut yourself, you're just trying to get the polish off.
(I do this because I'm very careful about it and I've yet to hurt myself but I'm always wary of recommending it to others as I don't want them cutting their skin off. BE CAREFUL WITH YOUR CUTICLES)


et voilá!


Colors: China Glaze Heli-Yum and Orly Dazzle

No comments:

Post a Comment